Branding is how a business presents its values and mission to the world, and ensures that its target audience knows who they are, what they stand for, and why it’s worth choosing them over the competition. Branding for a dental practice is the exact same formula.
- A brand is an intangible marketing or business concept that helps people identify a business, product, or individual.
- People often confuse brands with things like logos, slogans or other recognizable marks, even if this is not accurate. A brand is much more than any of those things, however, all of them do the same thing, as they all help promote goods and services.
- Brands are considered among a company’s most important and valuable assets.
With the right branding, your practice & its brand will stand out among the sea of choices in your community. But what can you do in order to achieve this effect? If branding is so broad and encompassing, what are the specifics? While there are several factors that will heavily influence your brand, there are certainly a few key features that will certainly ensure that the image that your practice maintains is a positive one.
Your practice has a brand, even if you do not talk about it. It is how the community and patients perceive your practice.
A few examples of what your practice may do could be:
- Offers a nonjudgmental zone to those with bad oral hygiene or dental anxiety.
- Always completes appointments on time.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Has a state-of-the-art online scheduling system.
- Offers sedation dentistry.
Now, ask yourself: In what ways can I deliver on the PROMISE that my practice makes to my community? How can I represent the brand?